What's New at WTEC!
- The World Technology Evaluation Center, Inc. is the nation's leading organization in condu cting international research assessments via peer review. These qualitative assessments are supplemented with quantitative ones via bibliometrics.
- WTEC has conducted over 70 such studies since 1989, far more than any other private organization.
- Panelists are some of the nation's leading experts. Past panelists include the Director of the NSF, Directors of the DOE Office of Science (3), the Chief of Naval Research, vice presidents of research for IBM, Bell Labs, and hundreds of other leading scientists and engineers.
- Sponsors include most of the Federal research agencies: NSF, ONR, DARPA, EPA, NASA, NIST, the National Cancer Institute and several other NIH institutes, et al.
- Studies cover a wide range of technologies:, biotechnologies, nuclear energy, manufacturing, IT, subsea technologies, electronics, and many others. All reports are posted at http://www.wtec.org/
- Most reports become books by major publishers. Recent ones published by Springer are on: converging technologies, nanotechnology 2020, biosensing, systems biology, micromanufacturing, and brain computer interfaces. The Imperial College Press has published books on robotics, nanocatalysis, and simulation-based engineering. The Academic Press, Kluwer, and Noyes Publishers published a half-dozen WTEC books earlier.
- WTEC also organizes workshops for Federal clients. Recent ones include metabolic engineering, stem cells applied to tissue engineering, systems biology, and molecular electronics.
- WTEC supports Federal agencies with onsite contractor personnel.
- WTEC is a non-profit research institute spun off of LoyolaUniversity Maryland in 2001 by R. D. Shelton
- WTEC’s small business affiliate is the International Technology Research Institute, Inc. (dba ITRI, Inc. or ITRI2)
Copyright ©  World Technology Evaluation Center, Inc. (WTEC). All rights reserved.
Material contained in this website is based upon work supported by the National Science Foundation under Coop Agreement no. ENG-0844639 and other NSF awards. Other Federal agencies contributing to WTEC reports include the Department of Defense, the National Institutes of Health, the Department of Commerce, the Department of Energy, and others.